Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lauryn Hill at First Avenue - AMAZING!

Last night I made one of the best decisions I've made in a while - at the last minute I decided to go see Lauryn Hill perform at First Avenue and OMG.. Words cannot express how happy I am that I went.  Although she didn't come on stage until nearly midnight, she kept the heartfelt energy alive the entire time she performed. I was a bit skeptical at first after reading several mixed reviews about her last few performances. But after her first song I knew this wouldn't be like one of those other shows. She played a variety of newer and older tunes and wisely saved the best for last. Her song selection was great! She opened with a Bob Marley tune that set the mood and chased out all negativity. She even surprised us with an appearance by her baby-daddy & the son of Bob Marley- Rohan Marley. Lauryn Hill was one of the artists I've never seen live before but have always wanted to since I first heard her music. Now I feel like I'm a bit more complete. This was one of the best shows I've ever seen and probably the most memorable at First Avenue. Thank you so much Lauryn Hill!! And thank you Ticket King for the Lauryn Hill ticket!! TAKE THAT CRITICS!! 

No comments: